Tuesday 26 January 2016

Reorganisation of the web site

One of these days I'll shell out some cash and buy my own web space for my online keys. As for now I'll stick on Google sites which gives me about 100MB of storage per site.  I have now got to the limit again so I have carved up the keys into their orders as follows

Keys to coleoptera (beetles)

Still at the original site https://sites.google.com/site/mikesinsectkeys/.  I am working on some other family keys at the moment and on keys from order to family to access the rest of the site.



Keys to diptera (true flies) 

These are published at https://sites.google.com/site/mikesinsectkeys2.  The keys here will be increased over time.  This was the order in which my interest in entomology started.  I have keys at home for all British families but have published relatively few.


Keys to hymenoptera (bees and wasps) and other orders

Now published at https://sites.google.com/site/mikesinsectkeyshymenoptera/.  I have done some work on some families of superfamily Chalcidoidea and on sawflies.


I am sorry that this is not at all ideal but until I buy my own web space this is how it will need to be.

Many thanks to those of you that have given me feedback.  Many have said they are finding the keys useful but I'd really love to have specific points so that the keys can be improved. I have described the keys as working documents so whenever things are pointed out I update the key and republish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment